- The Mentoring Youth Career Stimulation program will provide a resource for our future Freedom Achievers by pairing mentees with mentors in similar career paths through motivation, experience and insight.
- The Program brings mentors and mentees together to develop the skills, knowledge, attitudes, and connections mentees need as they transition into their career.
- Provide mentees insight into various professions
- Provide real world feedback from Mentors who have excelled in their field
- Provide guidance and directions on how to find employment in these professions
- Provide mentees with tools to aid in their career pursuit
- Draw on personal experience, successes, failures, andinsights to assist their mentee.
- Want to improve their skills as a mentor.
- Establish Expectation with the mentees.
- Be available for the time and frequency agreed.
- Be open to giving and receiving feedback withtheir mentee.
- Be interested in learning from someone with a different background and experiences.
- Be open-minded.
- Acquire a Police Clearance Check.
- Successful and active in their career complete with Inspiring Bio Summary
- Contacts in employment and professional networks
- Must be willing to obtain Criminal Record check
- Vulnerable Sector check? If a mentee is under the age of 18
- Good interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- Must be sensitive to employment and cultural experiences
- Committed to the mentorship program
- Must be willing to work with a diverse group of colleagues and mentees
- 2-3 Hours per month minimum (mentors/mentees should work together to accommodate)
- (6mos-2years) There are no parameters on how long the mentor mentee relationship should last given the relationship and career advancement