Temporary exhibits highlighting various areas of Black history are exhibiting both in the main gallery and the cultural center space on the 2nd floor of the museum. The museum also works with local groups to host temporary exhibits. For example the museum has once again worked in partnership with the Artists of Colour to host their exhibit ‘Journeys’ which opened in February 2020.
Women of the Underground Railroad in Mexico and the Detroit Borderlands Region Fall 2021
- Order of the Eastern Star.
- Black Canadian Service and Sacrifice: Black Veterans from Windsor-Essex County
- The Artists of Colour Present an expanded exhibition of “Journey’s” February 2020.
- Through A Black Lens: The History of Photography July 2019.
- Rarely Seen – A selection of recently acquired and rarely seen artifacts from the collection February 2019.
- Voices of Triumph: Black Women Making Impact July 2018.
- The Artists of Colour Present “Journey’s” February 2018